Water Treatment & Recycling
We aim to enable energy producers to focus on operations and meet their oil and gas production goals. Our Water Treatment team utilizes a spectrum of bio-control and recycling technologies to prepare source water to go down-hole on-the-fly or tie flowback water back into frac supply for reuse. Water treatment and recycling has the ability to decrease operator costs while sustaining and expanding water sources and supporting an environmentally sustainable water cycle.
Our technology experts diligently review the goals and needs of your job to roll out the right treatment approach for safely and cost-effectively delivering reliable water. You’ll have on-call water support to manage regional requirements, develop your custom plan and oversee the commercial installation and operation of treatment facilities.
We understand that there is no “silver bullet” when it comes to water treatment and recycling.
Our team continually evaluates and updates our portfolio of technology partners to reflect the rapid change of pace in our industry. We are able to identify optimized solutions that address regional objectives for environmental safety and compliance as well as water rationing.
beneficial reuse & Recycle Technologies:
Treat source water streams including produced and flowback water before a hydraulic fracturing job to ensure compatibility with frac chemicals
- Aeration – While mainly used for freeze protection, this process also oxygenates water and can prevent bacteria blooms from causing H2S formation in a pit or tank.
- Biocides – Kill bacteria in stored water, pretreat frac water on the fly and inhibit growth of bacteria over the long term while outputting treated water and keeping your footprint small.
- Chemical Clarification – Reduce turbidity and generate clean brine through chemical/physical clarification with a mobile platform solution that takes just days to deploy.
- Filtration – Large and small particle filtration is available for high and low volumes of water during fracturing operations, before fracturing operations or as it flows back.
- Systemized Chlorine Dioxide (ClO2) – On-the-fly mobile treatment of produced and flowback water in tanks, pits, and ponds. Rockwater Well Chemical Services (WCS) provides treatment based on proven chlorine dioxide (ClO2) technology, with a smaller environmental footprint, lower power costs and manpower needs than alternative solutions. Each unit can treat up to 100,000 BWPD and neutralizes microorganisms, hydrogen sulfide (H2S), iron sulfide, phenols, mercaptans, and polymers in the surface water.